In just a few days, July will be gone, so it’s time for a July Recap. Here’s what’s been going on in Jess Michaels World in the past month:
- An Affair in Winter is out – I can’t express to you all how excited I am to launch the Seasons series with An Affair in Winter (which came out July 12). I had the idea for this story several YEARS ago and have been chomping at the bit to write it. And now it’s here and I’m so glad so many of you have fallen in love with Gray and Rosalinde and all the rest in their amazing family. The next book, A Spring Deception, is out in September so I hope you’ll love Celia as much. More on that in a moment.
- Editing A Spring Deception – I was super excited to finish Celia’s book at the very end of June and this month I’ve begun the editorial process. I love Aiden and Celia and their tormented romance. It’s a lot of fun to play with Aiden’s lies and Celia’s needs.
- MM Novella – In the break I had between finishing A Spring Deception and starting One Summer of Surrender, I also wrote a novella called Fascinated, which is a M/M historical romance in the world of The Wicked Woodleys. If you loved Griffin and Aaron (Letty’s brother and her best friend) in Seduced, this is their story. These two screamed out a need for a story and even though it’s a bit out of my usual wheelhouse, I couldn’t resist. With everything else going on right now (more on that soon) I haven’t yet started the editorial process nor added it to my publishing schedule but stay tuned.
- Started writing One Summer of Surrender – Elise and Stenfax’s story has captured the imagination of a lot of you after Stenfax’s big role in An Affair in Winter. I’m LOVING this book. Look for a sneak peek of more of it on Friday.
- Bought a house – And finally the biggest personal news for me this month (and this year probably) is that around the 4th of July my husband and I bought a gorgeous new home. It’s in a wonderful mountain town with a view of the golf course lake that is going to inspire me (look for more lake scenes in all books LOL). Here are a couple of pictures
We’ll be closing in early August and fully moved by early September (we’ll doing a bathroom remodel in the interim) so that’s taking up a LOT of my energy even as I write away.
Phew! What a huge month!! I would say I hope next month gets a little lighter, but I’m pretty sure it won’t. 🙂 I hope you all had a wonderful July too!
Order An Affair in Winter Amazon
Order An Affair in Winter Apple
Order An Affair in Winter Barnes and Noble
Order An Affair in Winter Google Books
Order An Affair in Winter Kobo
Join the newsletter and be entered to win a Kindle or $75 Amazon Gift Card EVERY MONTH!
Leave a Reply