Now that we’ve started the countdown to my 100th book on May 10, 2022, a few people have said…but how? What are all the books? Do I have all the books? Well today I’m going to hook you up with the full list of books under all four of my pen names that make up the 100 books! Be aware, some are not available anymore, I will indicate where that is true. You can also see the same list that starts with my pinned Tweet on Twitter!… [Read more...]
It’s a funny thing about writers, especially romance writers. Or at least about ME, since I guess I can’t speak to anyone else’s experience but my own. I was always really involved in romanceland. I ran a site called The Passionate Pen for aspiring authors for over a decade. I went to RWA meetings and conferences. I knew lots of people and entered contests. And then…one day…I just stopped.
Not stopped writing. Just stopped participating.… [Read more...]
Recently I had rights returned for ten books when Samhain Publishing finally (FINALLY) closed their doors. If you were on my social media, you probably saw the picture I posted of the moment when I got the email releasing my rights:
The emotions you’re seeing here are relief, joy, and disbelief. It was a long journey to get these books back. One that started at the end of last February when Samhain first announced they would be closing and all rights returned to authors.… [Read more...]
December is almost over, so it’s time for an December Recap. Here’s what’s been going on in Jess Michaels World in the past month:
- I finished The Daring Duke, which is the first book in The 1797 Club series that starts March 14. I love this new series, there will be ten books and ALL the heroes are Dukes! 🙂
- Adored in Autumn, the final book in the Seasons series, is now up for pre-order and you can buy below.
November is almost over, so it’s time for an November Recap. Here’s what’s been going on in Jess Michaels World in the past month:
- One Summer of Surrender was released. Thank you to everyone who bought it. I hope you’ll consider leaving an honest review if you haven’t!
- We were very happy to have the opportunity to close early on our Tucson house, so we are officially all done there. It’s been nice to replenish our funds, buy some new things for the new house and be settled without the other house hanging over us.
A couple of weeks ago, as I was putting things away in my office, I printed out my release schedule and tacked it up on my wall. I like being able to look over and see both my writing schedule and my release schedule. All these upcoming projects are so fun to think about (and I’m thinking about them all right now) but with a very few exceptions, I haven’t shared much about them with all of you.… [Read more...]
October is almost over, so it’s time for an October Recap. Here’s what’s been going on in Jess Michaels World in the past month:
- After 3 months, we are getting settled in our new house. I’ve been up here since September. It isn’t perfect, we’re still working on getting settled furniture-wise and figuing out where to put things and what we need. But we’re home!
- We’re also almost finished with our renovation. As with all renovation, it took longer than we thought but it’s almost all done now.
In just a few days, July will be gone, so it’s time for a July Recap. Here’s what’s been going on in Jess Michaels World in the past month:
- An Affair in Winter is out – I can’t express to you all how excited I am to launch the Seasons series with An Affair in Winter (which came out July 12). I had the idea for this story several YEARS ago and have been chomping at the bit to write it.
About a month ago, I wrote a blog about ideas and today I’m talking about a different kind of idea blog, which is about the joy of projects. If you look at my upcoming publishing schedule I have 26 books coming up through the end of 2019. The rest of the Seasons books, the MM novella featuring character from the Wicked Woodley series, the 1783 Club series (more on that coming when we get closer to the end of Seasons) and then a REALLY fun novella series that will happen EVERY MONTH in 2019 (yup, 12 books, 12 months).… [Read more...]
Today is such an exciting day for me, it’s the launch of a new series. Yes, after a year and a half in the related worlds of the Flynns and Woodleys, Seasons is here!
The Seasons series has been in my head for a long time. I was originally planning to write it for another publisher and when I went indie, it got pushed back so that I could write expanded series for the Flynns and Woodleys.… [Read more...]
Today my husband and I are driving up to a town about three hours north of where we live now in Tucson. It’s not just to see the fireworks in a mountain town or hang out at the World’s Oldest Rodeo (though both those things are on the menu). It’s actually also about new starts.
The past few years have been…odd. Oh yes, I left traditional publishing and launched my indie career and it has been more successful than I could ever have hoped.… [Read more...]
Welcome to Fresh Friday. Every Friday I’ll be posting a short excerpt from whatever I wrote or edited that week! This will usually be an unedited small excerpt and I don’t make any promises that every single thing I post will make it to a finished book (sometimes things get cut). But it’s a fun sneak peek at whatever is Fresh Friday!!
This week I began my first M/M historical romance, featuring Aaron and Griffin from SEDUCED (The Wicked Woodleys 5).… [Read more...]
It’s crazy to think, but June is over (well, tomorrow it’s over). So I thought it might be fun to do a little June recap! Here’s what’s been happening in Jess Michaels world in June:
- The East Valley Authors Reteat: Michael and I started out the month by driving to Monrovia, CA to present to the EVA RWA chapter. I spoke on love scenes and increasing writing output. Mike talked about promotion and author platform.
Just a quick news update for everything coming up for a while:
- June 20 – we’ll be uploading AN AFFAIR IN WINTER for pre-order to all retailers. You can already pre-order on iBooks.
- July 12 – AN AFFAIR IN WINTER (Seasons 1) comes out!
- September 6 – A SPRING DECEPTION (Seasons 2) out!
- November 8 – ONE SUMMER OF SURRENDER (Seasons 3) out!
My travel schedule is now done for the year, unless I am asked to speak by an RWA chapter or other writer/reader group.… [Read more...]
I’m so excited to announce a new weekly feature on the blog: Fresh Friday. Every Friday I’ll be posting a short excerpt from whatever I wrote or edited that week! This will usually be an unedited small excerpt and I don’t make any promises that every single thing I post will make it to a finished book (sometimes things get cut). But it’s a fun sneak peek at whatever is Fresh this Friday!!
Here is a quick glance at A Spring Deception (Seasons 2, September 6), which I was writing this week:
“Are you offering, Celia?”… [Read more...]