Now that we’ve started the countdown to my 100th book on May 10, 2022, a few people have said…but how? What are all the books? Do I have all the books? Well today I’m going to hook you up with the full list of books under all four of my pen names that make up the 100 books! Be aware, some are not available anymore, I will indicate where that is true. You can also see the same list that starts with my pinned Tweet on Twitter!… [Read more...]
It’s a funny thing about writers, especially romance writers. Or at least about ME, since I guess I can’t speak to anyone else’s experience but my own. I was always really involved in romanceland. I ran a site called The Passionate Pen for aspiring authors for over a decade. I went to RWA meetings and conferences. I knew lots of people and entered contests. And then…one day…I just stopped.
Not stopped writing. Just stopped participating.… [Read more...]
You know how sometimes you look up and two years have gone by and you haven’t blogged. No? That’s just me. Yup, it’s me. Well, you know, things got busy, I was writing a lot of books and such. But I thought I’d just post a little update and check in.
My biggest news is that we have moved. Arizona is no longer our home and we are in Dallas now. Lots of people have asked me why we moved.… [Read more...]
Recently I had rights returned for ten books when Samhain Publishing finally (FINALLY) closed their doors. If you were on my social media, you probably saw the picture I posted of the moment when I got the email releasing my rights:
The emotions you’re seeing here are relief, joy, and disbelief. It was a long journey to get these books back. One that started at the end of last February when Samhain first announced they would be closing and all rights returned to authors.… [Read more...]
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the tenth set of questions:
- BEST ROOM FOR A FIREPLACE?
Living room with bedroom a good second.
- DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED?
Yes. So I did.
- IF MARRIED, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?
20 years in March 2017.
- WHO WAS YOUR HIGH SCHOOL CRUSH?
My husband, actually.
- DO YOU CRY AND THROW A FIT UNTIL YOU GET YOUR OWN WAY?
December is almost over, so it’s time for an December Recap. Here’s what’s been going on in Jess Michaels World in the past month:
- I finished The Daring Duke, which is the first book in The 1797 Club series that starts March 14. I love this new series, there will be ten books and ALL the heroes are Dukes! 🙂
- Adored in Autumn, the final book in the Seasons series, is now up for pre-order and you can buy below.
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the ninth set of questions:
- TEA OR COFFEE?
Tea if I have to pick between the two. I don’t really want either.
- SUGAR COOKIES OR SNICKERDOODLES?
- CAN YOU SWIM WELL?
I swim okay. I’m not going to win any medals.
- CAN YOU HOLD YOUR BREATH WITHOUT HOLDING YOUR NOSE?
Yes. Is not being able to do that a thing??
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the eighth set of questions:
- CAN YOU CURL YOUR TONGUE?
- EVER WON A SPELLING BEE?
I don’t think so. Maybe?
- HAVE YOU EVER CRIED BECAUSE YOU WERE SO HAPPY?
I cry at everything. But yes, lots of times. I cried when I hit the USA Today is one example.
- OWN ANY RECORD ALBUMS?
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the seventh set of questions:
- DO YOU WEAR A BATH ROBE?
Not usually though I have a Black Widow one.
- WHAT DO YOU WEAR TO BED?
- WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CONCERT?
New Kids on the Block, 1989
- WALMART, TARGET, OR KMART?
Target, Target, Target
- NIKE OR ADIDAS?
I don’t care.
- CHEETOSOR FRITOS?
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the sixth set of questions:
- LAST TIME YOU GOT A PORTRAIT TAKEN BY A PHOTOGRAPHER?
Probably when I got my author photo taken for the zombie books in 2010. A long time. But if we can manage to lose some weight, my husband and I will be getting a shoot for our 20th anniversary in March.
November is almost over, so it’s time for an November Recap. Here’s what’s been going on in Jess Michaels World in the past month:
- One Summer of Surrender was released. Thank you to everyone who bought it. I hope you’ll consider leaving an honest review if you haven’t!
- We were very happy to have the opportunity to close early on our Tucson house, so we are officially all done there. It’s been nice to replenish our funds, buy some new things for the new house and be settled without the other house hanging over us.
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the fifth set of questions:
- DO YOU HAVE ANY MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS?
I have a subscription to Mindful Magazine. It’s a mindfulness and meditation magazine.
- WHICH ARE BETTER: LEGOS OR LINCOLN LOGS?
I have no children and have no opinion about this.
- ARE YOU STUBBORN?
Probably a little.
- WHO IS BETTER: LENO OR LETTERMAN?
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the fourth set of questions:
- CAN YOU CHANGE THE OIL ON A CAR? Yes! I used to change my own oil all the time.
- EVER GOTTEN A SPEEDING TICKET? Once. Like 15 years ago.
- EVER RAN OUT OF GAS? Not yet. Knock on wood.
- WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE KIND OF SANDWICH? I love the Jimmy Johns veggie.
Recently I was asked how I choose project order. How do I pick which characters within a series to write first versus last. And also how do I choose when to write one series over another. So here is my answer:
It really depends on the series. For example, in the Seasons series, I knew Gray and Rosalinde would be first, as this is how the families involved in that series are introduced to each other, at the failed wedding of Rosalinde’s sister Celia to Gray’s brother, the Earl of Stenfax.… [Read more...]
This is my continuation of the 100 Questions No One Ever Asks from Four Hats and a Frugal. Here is the third set of questions:
- WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE MOVIE? One of my least favorite movies I ever suffered through was Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis. He’s trying to help this lady and I think some orphans or something out of a war torn…jungle maybe? Anyway, it’s awful and the lady who plays the heroine is running through the jungle for three days and her make up was still perfect.