Want to book me for an author appearance for your writer group, reader event or conference? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’ve listed topics of presentations below my speaking schedule.
Contact Jess to schedule her for your writing/reading group or library!
Available Speaking Topics (or ask about topics tailored to your group’s needs):
- Write Like You Mean It: How to Write Like a Full-Time Writer, Even If You Can’t Write Full-Time — My most popular presentation! I will cover roadblocks to writing that we put in front of ourselves. You’ll learn how to overcome each one. Then I give specific tips to increase your output. Help for authors whether you write one page a week, one a day or one every ten minutes.
- Making Your Career A Priority — Learn how to decide what you want from your career and what your priorities need to be. Then learn how to implement a ‘big year’ plan to take your goals to the next level.
- Writing the Long Series Without Pulling Out Your Hair – Multi-book series with interrelated characters are a staple of the romance world. Why? Well, they can lead to greater sales and success for authors. But how in the world do you make them work? After writing several series (including the popular 10-book 1797 Club), Jess will give you tips for what works. Also you get to learn how she made it all so much harder for herself.
- Anatomy of a Love Scene — The 3 most important elements to every love scene and how to overcome your discomfort writing them.
- The Author Hat and the Publisher Hat – How to recognize the importance of both roles (even if you are publishing in a traditional model) and how to wear them.
- Staying Motivated in the Midst — Writing is a hard job, publishing is even harder. It’s easy to get bogged down and want to give up. I’ll discuss how to stay motivated even when the worst is happening.
- No Author is an Island — The importance of writer relationships (whether with readers, reviewers or other authors) and how not to screw them up.