As 2013 starts to slowly spiral toward its end, I’ve been starting to schedule my speaking engagements for 2014. I used to travel a lot and then I slowed down when we moved and the couple years after. But 2014 is a “Big Year” for me. Meaning I have some big goals and I’m focusing almost 100% on my career. So here are my current speaking/appearances scheduled:
March 18 — Speaking at Detroit RWA “Write Like You Mean It”
- April 4-6 — Speaking at Desert Dreams Conference in Phoenix, AZ “The Unskippable Love Scene” and “The Great Agent Search”
- May 14-18 – Romantic Times Convention 2014 in New Orleans, LA — Tentative
- June 18-22 — RomCon in Denver, CO — Tentative
- July 7-18 — Presenting “The Great Agent Search” online for From the Heart Romance Writers
- July 18-21 — San Diego Comic-Con (attending, not presenting)
- July 23-26 — RWA National in San Antonio, TX — Tentative
- August 8-12 — Authors After Dark (AAD) Featured Author in Charlotte, NC
- December 1-5 — Presenting “Staying Motivated in the Midst” for From the Heart Romance Writers
As you can see, it’s a pretty packed schedule, but I am happy to make room for more! So how do you get me to speak for your writer or reader group? It’s easy! Just email me at email@example.com with your request! I do not ask a speaker fee, but if I will be traveling I do ask that my travel expenses be covered. For conferences, reductions in conference fees are greatly appreciated.
What presentations do I have available:
- Staying Motivated in the Midst: A brutally honest and honestly uplifting class that deals directly with the ways the writing life can bring us down and eventually suck the pleasure out of writing. How to fight this and rediscover the pleasures of writing.
- Write Like You Mean It (Writing Like a Full-Time Writer Even If You Can’t Write Full-Time): Helping authors increase their output and get closer to finishing their novel. One of the most popular workshops Jess presents.
- The Great Agent Search: Everything you ever wanted to know about agents and a lot of stuff you didn’t know you needed to know.
- The Unskippable Love Scene – Components of an unskippable love scene and how to be more comfortable writing love scenes.
- Naughty Dukes Need Love Too: A fun discussion of erotic historical romance. Can be presented as a panel with other erotic historical romance writers. You know you want dirty deeds, done by Dukes.
I’m also able to tailor speeches for chapters or reader conferences. Just ask!
Join the newsletter and be entered to win a Kindle or $75 Amazon Gift Card EVERY MONTH!