Want to book me as a speaker for your writer group, reader event or conference? Email my me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’ve listed topics of presentations below my speaking schedule.
Here is the upcoming travel/presentation (all times listed local to the area I will be presenting):
- April 21, 2018 10:15am-12pm – Las Vegas RWA presenting Write Like You Mean It — Windmill Library, 7060 W Windmill Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89113
- June 23, 2018 9am – DARA (Dallas Area Romance Authors) presenting Write Like You Mean It – Collin College Courtyard Campus, 4800 Preston Park Blvd, Plano, TX 75093
- August 28, 2018 5-8pm – Desert Rose RWA presenting Write Like You Mean It – The Old Spaghetti Factory, 1418 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004
- September 26-30 – NINC Conference in St. Petersburg, FL – Speaking with Jenn LeBlanc about covers, custom images/shoots and branding through imagery.
- November 18, 2018 9am-1pm – LARA RWA presenting Make Your Career A Priority – The Bridges Academy, 3921 Laurel Canyon Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604
Available Speaking Topics (or ask about topics tailored to your group’s needs):
- Write Like You Mean It: How to Write Like a Full-Time Writer, Even If You Can’t Write Full-Time — My most popular presentation covers roadblocks to writing that we put in front of ourselves, how to overcome each one and specific ways to increase your output, whether you write one page a week, one a day or one every ten minutes.
- Anatomy of a Love Scene — The 3 most important elements to every love scene and how to overcome your discomfort writing them.
- Making Your Career A Priority — Decide what you want from your career, what your priorities need to be to get what you want and how to implement a ‘big year’ plan to take your goals to the next level.
- Staying Motivated in the Midst — Writing is a hard job, publishing is even harder. It’s easy to get bogged down and want to give up. I’ll discuss how to stay motivated even when the worst is happening.
- No Author is an Island — The importance of writer relationships (whether with readers, reviewers or other authors) and how not to screw them up.
- Mindfulness for Writers — The practice of mindfulness can be transforming. We’ll discuss what mindfulness is, how to start a practice and what kind of benefit it can offer to writers. There will be several short meditations during the presentation.