Want to book me for an author appearance for your writer group, reader event or conference? Email me at email@example.com – I’ve listed topics of presentations below my speaking schedule.
Here is the upcoming author appearance schedule (all times listed local to the area where I will be presenting):
April 24, 2020 – 7:30-9pm – The Heart of ATX Reading Salon – Join me, Lorraine Heath, Traci Andrighetti and Sawyer North for a fun night of readings from our books! At Assemblage in Buda, TX.
June 13, 2020 – 12:30-4:30pm – Boas and Tiaras in Allen TX – Join me for a fun afternoon tea with friends, laughter and some amazing giveaways! At the Hilton Garden Inn in South Allen, TX
November 13 – November 15, 2020 – Readers and Ritas in Allen, TX – A weekend with your favorite authors. Panels, signings, author lounges and FUN FUN FUN. At the Hilton Garden Inn in South Allen, TX
Contact Jess to schedule her for your writing/reading group or library!
Available Speaking Topics (or ask about topics tailored to your group’s needs):
- Write Like You Mean It: How to Write Like a Full-Time Writer, Even If You Can’t Write Full-Time — My most popular presentation! I will cover roadblocks to writing that we put in front of ourselves. You’ll learn how to overcome each one. Then I give specific tips to increase your output. Help for authors whether you write one page a week, one a day or one every ten minutes.
- Making Your Career A Priority — Learn how to decide what you want from your career and what your priorities need to be. Then learn how to implement a ‘big year’ plan to take your goals to the next level.
- Writing the Long Series Without Pulling Out Your Hair – Multi-book series with interrelated characters are a staple of the romance world. Why? Well, they can lead to greater sales and success for authors. But how in the world do you make them work? After writing several series (including the popular 10-book 1797 Club), Jess will give you tips for what works. Also you get to learn how she made it all so much harder for herself.
- Anatomy of a Love Scene — The 3 most important elements to every love scene and how to overcome your discomfort writing them.
- The Author Hat and the Publisher Hat – How to recognize the importance of both roles (even if you are publishing in a traditional model) and how to wear them.
- Staying Motivated in the Midst — Writing is a hard job, publishing is even harder. It’s easy to get bogged down and want to give up. I’ll discuss how to stay motivated even when the worst is happening.
- No Author is an Island — The importance of writer relationships (whether with readers, reviewers or other authors) and how not to screw them up.